How to Keep Your Content Hot and Your Blog Spicy 🌶
Welcome back, readers!? March is officially in full swing and this month we’re diving head first into BLOGS. Yes, blogs…you know, that thing you’re reading right now!
Blogs have become more mainstream as the digital world has taken over…and they’ve become a very, very POWERFUL marketing tool. Not only can they be used to attract new readers and clients, they can also help you establish your authority and increase your online presence (yay!).
The problem with blogs isn’t getting people to read them…it’s getting them to keep coming back for more. As a blogger, you want to be more than a one-hit wonder. Here’s how you can put the sizzle into your blog and make your readers want to savor more.
Content. Kind of obvious, right?! Content is the building block for ANY blog post. It encompasses everything your blog is about. If your content isn’t good, you can kiss ? your readership GOODBYE! So you may be asking yourself..what can I do?
- Create EACH piece of content with your readers in mind. Whether you’re the go-to person for a particular niche or your comedic skills are off the charts, hone your writing to WHO you’re writing for. By doing this, you’ll have them eating out of the palm of your hand.
- Entertain. We live in a world where a person’s attention is shorter than a goldfish… seriously. And who said all of your content has to be written? Create some videos and post them as content. It can SKYROCKET ? your interaction and lead to an exchange of ideas in the comments section.
Which leads us to OUTREACH. As much as your readers love your blog, there are probably hundreds out there with similar content (let’s be honest!). So…you may be asking yourself how can I stand out?
- Interact with other bloggers in the blogosphere. You need to reach out and comment on other blogs within your particular niche and get your name out there. This not only allows people to see who you are, but it also helps you build relationships with other bloggers and brands.
- Social media. We’ve talked and talked and talked about how important it is to have a social media presence. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn. These social media sites not only allow you to connect with your audience, but allow you to share your blog posts and content with the world. Without them, your reach is only as far as your contact list in your phone! ?
Design. You don’t need to be a designer to have a great blog layout. However, it IS important that your blog is functional and easy for your readers to experience. Always make sure your blog is:
- Easy to navigate
- Easy to understand
- Looks and stays consistent with your brand throughout.
The more professional a blog looks, the more people are inclined to stick around and read your content. Another important thing to note when it comes to design is that your “look” should stay on brand for EVERYTHING including colors, tone, AND vibe!
Follow these tips and not only will your blog be muy caliente, your readers will be eagerly awaiting your next post!
As our Digital Copywriter, Emily is a wordsmith extraordinaire. With a background in Communications and Journalism from Cal State Fullerton, she knows how to think outside the box as a creative storyteller.